We accept samples in one of two ways: through our sample submission portal and the traditional paper method.
We recommend using our portal; it will save you time and effort by automating the sample submission process and allowing results to reach you even faster. The portal also allows you to track your sample and the testing status and download your final report.
Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM EST
Saturday Deliveries: For any critical needs, please request a quote to schedule your Saturday delivery by contacting our Lab Team at email@example.com. Please add our email firstname.lastname@example.org to the shipping notifications or alerts through your carrier. Please include this recipient email for the following notification types:
Our shipping email will receive written notifications of your packages as they travel to our laboratory. This process will keep your samples secure from pickup to delivery, with the added assurance that any shipping mishaps are promptly tended to. If you have any questions on how to set up recipient notifications, please let us know at email@example.com
For our new list of services and pricing for 2023, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Biolog Team
January 1 (New Year’s Day)
July 4th (Independence Day)
The Friday after Thanksgiving Day
Portal sample submission:
Paper method sample submission:
Step 1: Download a Sample Submission Form
Step 2: Complete & Print Sample Submission
- Complete the “Sample Submission Form” with details on your cultures and your organization
- For batches greater than 50 samples, please use the Excel file.
- PLEASE NOTE: WE CANNOT ACCEPT HUMAN SPECIMENS NOR CLASS III PATHOGENS.
Step 3: Ship Sample Forms With Samples to Biolog Lab Services
- Cultures must have adequate growth. We accept samples that are not pure, as we offer purity streaking. Biolog Lab Services accepts agar plates, slants, broths, powders, capsules, filter plates, DNA extracts, etc.
- NOTE: International Customers must contact Biolog Lab Services prior to shipments for instructions, see Terms & Conditions.
- Label samples with your sample code.
- PLEASE NOTE: BIOLOG LAB SERVICES CAN NOT ACCEPT DIRECT SPECIMENS OF HUMAN OR ANIMAL ORIGIN, BLOOD OR BODILY FLUID, RISK GROUP 3/4 MICROORGANISMS ( learn more ), OR KNOWN OR SUSPECTED SELECT AGENTS ( learn more )
- Samples must have primary and secondary containment with absorbent material for liquids.
- According to Biolog Lab Services’ USDA/APHIS PPQ 526 permit to receive unknown Biological agents:
- Isolates must be in a securely closed, watertight primary container (e.g., test tube or parafilmed petri dish). A secondary, durable, waterproof container must be used (e.g., Ziploc bag). Multiple primary containers may be placed into a single secondary container.
- If submitting liquids, sufficient absorbent material (e.g., paper towels) must be placed between the primary and secondary containers to absorb the entire contents of the primary container(s).
- Samples must be enclosed in an outer shipping container of corrugated fiberboard, corrugated cardboard, or other sturdy container of equivalent strength.
- Include a Sample Submission Form (SSF) from our website with the samples.
- Send samples via priority overnight service. If they are Same Day priority samples, Customers must specify an 8:00 AM EST delivery (e.g., FedEx First Overnight or UPS Early AM) in order to receive results of by End of Day (EOD)
- Send packages to: Biolog Lab Services, Inc. 125 Sandy Drive, Newark, DE 19713, (302) 737-4297