Biolog is a leader in microbial identification, phenotypic cell profiling, and metabolic fingerprinting for microbial and mammalian cells. Located in Hayward, CA, the company’s products enable the identification of thousands of species of bacteria, yeast, and fungi as well as characterization of human cells and mitochondria. Biolog products are available worldwide, either directly from the company or through its extensive network of international distributors.
Most recently, Biolog has been re-incorporated and is now under new management along with the financial backing of BroadOak Investments and Research Corporation Technologies (RTC). With the new investment Biolog is looking to expand its current cellular analysis product offerings while remaining committed to supporting its current customers in many diverse markets.
Biolog is expanding its sales team in the Western United States with a preferred location in the San Francisco Bay area of California, but other locations along the West coast will be considered on a case-by-case-basis. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to sell all the Biolog products including microbial ID, Phenotype MicroArray, and mammalian products. This position will serve customers in the Western region covering the West coast, including Canada, and the Southwest portion of the US including Texas. This individual will report to the VP of Global Sales.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about serving customer needs and have general scientific knowledge, be willing to learn and have served the Academic, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Industrial and Government markets for Life Science Tools. This individual should have a strong desire to create new sales opportunities, work collaboratively with the Field Applications Scientist and the marketing team to further the sales pipeline and grow sales in their assigned region. Overnight travel is estimated to be between 20-40% and is location dependent.
- Sell Biolog’s products in the assigned geography
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current key and prospective accounts by fully assessing and understanding the needs and applications of customers within the assigned geography
- Maintain a high-level knowledge of the Biolog product line
- Conduct pre-sales seminars, and coordinate on-site product demonstrations, when appropriate, with the Field Applications Team
- Proactively generate new sales leads and opportunities
- Navigate orders through the customer purchasing process
- Update CRM system regularly and qualify leads from Marketing
- Provide sales forecasts to Management as requested
- Maintain positive customer relations
- Relay product feedback to marketing to inform new product development
- Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific field
- 2-5 year’s sales experience in the life sciences tools industry selling instrumentation and reagents
- Demonstrated track record of sales success and exceeding quota
- Experience selling in complex purchasing environments with multiple decision makers Ability to work collaboratively and foster professional, constructive relationships as part of a team while also working independently to produce/ analyze data and meet challenging timelines and goals
- Ability to travel domestically on a regular basis (20-40%, depending on location)
- Fully vaccinated with any FDA approved COVID-19 vaccination
- Able to work in the United States currently, and without future sponsorship requirements