Who Are We?
Biolog is a leader in microbial identification, phenotypic cell profiling, and metabolic fingerprinting for microbial and mammalian cells. Located in Hayward, CA, since 1984 the company’s products enable the identification of thousands of species of bacteria, yeast, and fungi as well as the characterization of human cells and mitochondria. Recently under new leadership and funding, we are looking for outstanding individuals to join the organization during this exciting time of growth and development.
What Do We Value?
We are passionate about all the ways our technology can impact R&D and industrial applications including microbial characterization and identification, synthetic biology, biomanufacturing, bioprocess development, metabolic and mitochondrial disorders, nutrition, toxicology, and drug discovery. The ideal candidate will be just as passionate about life science research tools and applications, working in a first-in-class product development team, collaborating, and working in a cross-functional and diverse environment.
What is the Job all About?
- Support engineering development activities including but not limited to design, fabrication, assembly, modification, and test of complex electro-mechanical lab instruments, assemblies, and components
- Build and test R&D prototypes during the engineering development lifecycle
- Support transfer of development instruments to manufacturing
- Support test and fixture development for laboratory and manufacturing use
- Support Reliability, Verification and Validation Testing
- Build/test prototype sub-assemblies and components. Check for defects, report problems as they arise, and perform rework as directed.
- Communicates with Leads and Supervisor about process or assembly issues both verbally and/or in writing.
- The Engineering Technician reports to the Director of Engineering
What Do You Offer?
- Associate degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Previous experience in lab instrumentation R&D/manufacturing including mechanical, optical, or electrical assemblies.
- Demonstrated strong technical hands-on skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical, electrical, and/or system-level assembly and troubleshooting activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with hand tools, power tools, and measurement instrumentation
- Ability to read, understand and follow mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, assembly procedures and testing documentation.
- Knowledge of CAD package(s) is a plus
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
What We Offer:
- Generous Compensation Packages
- Annual Bonus Plan
- 100% premiums paid for Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company provided life insurance plan
- 401k Plan
- Stock Options