Who Are We?
Biolog is a leader in microbial identification, phenotypic cell profiling, and metabolic fingerprinting for microbial and mammalian cells. Located in Hayward, CA, since 1984 the company’s products enable the identification of thousands of species of bacteria, yeast, and fungi as well as the characterization of human cells and mitochondria. Recently under new leadership and funding, we are looking for outstanding individuals to join the organization during this exciting time of growth and development.
What Do We Value?
We are passionate about all the ways our technology can impact R&D and industrial applications including microbial characterization and identification, synthetic biology, biomanufacturing, bioprocess development, metabolic and mitochondrial disorders, nutrition, toxicology, and drug discovery. The ideal candidate will be just as passionate about life science research tools and applications, working in a first-in-class manufacturing team, collaborating, and working in a cross-functional and diverse environment.
What is the Job all About?
Since we are growing, we are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Associate to join our team! Under the direction of the Consumables Production Manager, this position is responsible for activities that support the in0 house manufacturing of Biolog’s consumable products including: executing methods and protocols for initial chemical formulation of reagents up to the final packaging and shipping of final goods. Some other responsibilities include:
- Performs chemical manufacturing laboratory activities including formulating, sterilizing, and appropriate storage of solutions according to process documentation and followed by cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Filling and drying reagents on micro plates and using customized reagents and cell growth media.
- Tests solutions for pH, contamination, chemical characteristics and other characteristic and records results.
- Adding chemicals and raw materials to process solutions or product batches, establish or correct formulas to meet specification
What Do You Offer?
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline (Chemistry/Biochemistry or Microbiology preferred) OR two years of education with two years’ experience in production of in vitro diagnostic reagents or similar products.
- Education and experience in biochemical laboratory techniques, including preparation and handling of solutions without degrading them, accuracy and precision of measurement, steam sterilization, sterile filtration, aseptic handling.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with FDA Good Manufacturing Practices is a plus!
What We Offer:
- Generous Compensation Packages
- Annual Bonus Plan
- 100% premiums paid for Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company provided life insurance plan
- 401k Plan
- Stock Options
This role is in a manufacturing lab environment and can not be remote or hybrid.
The candidate must be able to stand, sit, walk and manipulate various tools to complete the expectations of the role. The role may require lifting up to 40lbs unassisted and up to 80 lbs assisted on an occasional basis.