Phenotype MicroArrays for Microbial Cells
PMs for Microbial Use
Click here for a bibliography of published studies.
Phenotype MicroArray Technology is now available for applications with nearly all important species of bacteria and fungi. Simple protocols are available for testing nearly 2000 cellular phenotypes simultaneously.
Uses with microbial cells
Determine gene functions.
Identify novel antimicrobial targets by finding genes unique to pathogenic microorganisms.
- Compare gene knock-out mutants to wild types.
- Compare naturally-isolated strains with different genetic backgrounds.
Test antimicrobial targets and drug leads by comparative phenotyping.
- Find phenotypes present in pathogenic but not in non-pathogenic strains.
- Find phenotypes present in pathogenic microbes but not in host cells (animal or plant).
- Determine MOA of drug leads.
- Compare phenotypic changes caused by target gene knockout versus drug addition.
General cell characterization
- Compare and analyze different generations of production strains.
- QC fingerprint production strains.Scan
- 2000 culture conditions simultaneously to optimize the growth medium for product yield.
- Determine metabolic properties of any microbe.
- Determine drug/chemical sensitivities.
Available tests for microbial cells
To view the tests in the PM sets, click on the map links below.Metabolic tests for bacteria and fungi.Chemical sensitivity tests for bacteria.