Phenotype MicroArray Services
A Breakthrough Technology
Phenotype MicroArrays (PMs) represent the third major technology, alongside DNA Microarrays and Proteomics. This technology makes it possible to test thousands of cellular phenotypes all at once. PM Services accepts bacterial and fungal strains for testing, and uses Biolog PM Technology to deliver data in a fee for service format. These extensive analyses include up to ~2000 tests. Tests include utilization of a wide variety of C, N, P, and S sources (~800 tests), pH growth range (~100 tests), ionic and non ionic osmotic sensitivity (~100 tests), and sensitivity to chemical agents that disrupt various biological pathways (~1,000 tests). PM analysis has been successfully implemented for a wide variety of model microbial cells.
Process for purchasing Services
- Contact PM Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-670-3370 to determine if we can accept your project. We will consider technical aspects and federal import regulations.
- If you do not have a Biolog account and you wish to use a purchase order, fill out an account application (for profit) or account application (not-for-profit). This form is not required when using a credit card. Customer service can look up your existing PM account number for you to enter on your billing form. email@example.com or 1-800-284-4949.3. Fill out a billing-information/order form.
- Email billing information form and/or account application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 510-782-4639.
- Fill out a strain questionnaires (one per strain) or strain table (many strains). Please fill out strain information completely.
- Return strain questionnaires via email to email@example.com or FAX to PM Services 510-782-4639.
- Obtain a Shipment_ID from PM Services. Consult Biolog's PM Services shipping page for shipping information.
For questions regarding accounts, orders, and billing information, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-284-4949.
For techical questions related to PM Services, and PM Services order status, contact PM Services at PMServices@biolog.com or call 510-670-3370.